April showers may bring May flowers, but May also means Cinco de Mayo! The one day, that we all sit down with a margarita in hand and celebrate the Mexican army’s 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War. What is intriguing is that it really is not a major holiday in Mexico, but here in the United States, it a huge party.
Our group is all about celebrations, so for this month’s twitter chat, we are going to make enchiladas and instead of margaritas, we are pairing them with some of our favorite wines. The live Twitter Chat will be held 11 a.m. EDT on May 14th. (It’s always the second Saturday of the month) In order to join all you have to do is use the hashtag #winePW. Anyone interested in wine pairing is welcome to join the chat.
Want to join us? Great!
All you have to do to participate in #WinePW is:
- Send an email to tell me you’re in: Include your blog url and your Twitter handle. About a week before the tweet up you will have to give me the title of your post. If you know your blog post title now, fantastic! include that…but you can send me that a bit closer to the event, I’d like to get a sense of who’s participating and give some shoutouts and links as we go. My email is dracaenawines AT gmail.com
- Send your post title to me by Monday, May 9th to be included in the preview post. I will do a preview post shortly after getting the titles, linking to your blogs. Your title should include “Wine Pairing Weekend”.
- Include a link to the other #winePW participants in your post, and a description of what the event is about. I’ll provide the html code you can easily put in your initial post–which will link to people’s general blog url–then updated code for the permanent links to everyone’s #winePW posts.
- Publish your post between 12:01 a.m-7:00 a.m. EDT on Saturday, May 14th. Then join in the chat at 11 am EDT by following #WinePW.
- Get social! After the posts go live, please visit your fellow bloggers’ posts to comment and share. We will also share our posts on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook.
- Sponsored posts are OK if clearly disclosed. Please be sure to disclose if your post is sponsored or if you are describing wine or other products for which you have received a free sample.