Envision yourself sitting down to enjoy a lovely glass of wine with a view of beautiful rolling hills to the east and the Santa Lucia Coastal Range to your west. A region that dates back to the pre-mission era when the Salinas Indians recognized the healing powers of the springs.
On March 11, 1889 the city of Paso Robles was officially incorporated as El Paso de Roblas. It took 24 years for the El Paso de Robles (name changed in November of 1889) to gain electricity and have its first vineyard planted.
Today, Paso Robles boasts more than 200 wineries, gourmet restaurants, distilleries and an upbeat and expanding downtown experience. Lodging options include full-service resorts, vineyard estates, tiny homes and even luxury RV properties. We even have the first San Luis Obispo County eatery to earn a coveted Michelin Guide star! All of this located on the beautiful central coast equidistant between San Francisco and Los Angeles.
I am honored to be hosting November’s #WinePW chat spotlighting Paso Robles. Our group will be pairing some delicious meals with their choice of Paso wine. This is going to be a great event since the Pasobilities are endless. Paso has so many options to choose from; Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, both Rhone and Bordeaux Blends and of course my beloved Cabernet Franc. Which will you choose to pair your meal with?
Join us on Saturday, November 13th, at 8am PT/11am ET and share your Paso love! Here’s how to be part of the fun:
- Pick a wine from Paso Robles. Sponsored posts are welcome as long as you clearly indicate which wines are samples.
- Choose a favorite recipe or maybe try a new one.
- Write up a blog post on your experience. Share your recipe, your tasting notes and your opinions.
- By end of day on November 7th, get your title to me by email at email@example.com, comment below, or post in the Facebook event. (if you are not part of the event, let me know and I will invite you)
- Between Friday November 12 and Saturday November 13 please publish your post; include #WinePW in the title and add the provided preliminary HTML to link to other participants.
- On Saturday November 13, join our 8am – 9am PT twitter chat; you can find us at the tag: #WinePW.
- Read, comment, and share each other’s Paso Robles’ posts.
- Add the final HTML to your post which links to participants published posts.